by: Edge Dulatas
My answer will always be WHY NOT?! lol! Kidding! 🤣🤣🤣
I love Baler for it’s many reasons!
✔️ It’s accessible (near Manila)
✔️It’s affordable! (You can always stretch your budget here!)
✔️ It’s SULIT! (It’s worth it!!! From the best waves, cozy hotels, great food and awesome view!)
This is my second time in Baler! And this time, I will be spending the long weekends with my family. So happy to share with you guys our very affordable Itinerary. I hope you’ll enjoy as much as we did!
Baler is a town on the Philippine island of Luzon.
How to get there
- Joy Bus (Genesis Bus) Cubao
- Private car -waze
- Rent van
- 1:00am ETD Cubao Joy Bus (Php650 per way semi-deluxe)
- 8:00am ETA in Baler Terminal
- Ride tricycle going to Sabang Beach (php12 each) 15 minutes
- 9:00am Breakfast at Aliya (php120-150)
- 10:00am Start of Tour (Php800/3 pax)
- Balete Tree
- Hike to Dimatubo Mother Falls
- Lunch (baon)
- Ermita Hill
- Diguisit Falls
- Diguisit Rock Formation
- Hanging Bridge
- 6:00pm End of Tour / check in at Aliya Surf Resort (php1,050 per 5 pax sharing)
- 9:00pm chill in Aliya’s acoustic band / or go swimming
- 7:00am Breakfast at Aliya (free)
- 9:00am Surfing (Php350 Aliya Surf School)
- 11:00am check out
- 12:00noon drop bags at Akkaw Hotel
- Lunch at Town (Rolling Store) I don’t recommend this. We’re supposed to eat at Yolly’s Grill. Unfortunately it’s so crowded. 😔
- Walk around Town. (Pacita’s peanut butter, picture in Museo de Baler, Baler church, pasalubong centers)
- 2:00pm check in at Akkaw Hotel (Php700 per 5 pax sharing) (Request for room 301 for SUPERB view!!!!😍😍)
- 5:00pm walk around Sabang beach/ visit Costa Pacifica for photos
- 7:00pm Dinner / movie event at Aliya Surf Hotel
- 9:30 Sleep
- 6:30am pandesal (Dialyn’s Bakeshop) and coffee for breakfast (no free breakfast)
- 8:00am Surf at Sabang Beach (in front of Akkaw; look for a 20-yr old Surfer Jon Jon) (Php350)
- 10:00am get ready/shower etc
- 12noon Check out/leave bags in the hotel
- 1pm Lunch in the eatery near Iglesia (Php65)
- Walk round beach
- 2:45pm Otw to Baler Bus Terminal (Joy Bus (Php730 per pax)
- 3:30pm ETD Baler
- 10:00pm ETA Cubao
- Bring cash (there’s atm in town but it’s better to be prepared)
- Book in advance! Always!
- Always come prepared with Itinerary! Haha!
- Bring insect repellent lotion
- Wear rash guard/ body suits when you’re going to surf (to avoid wardrobe malfunction)
- Think nothing and be nothing while surfing. I will share this quotes ⬇️⬇️⬇️
“You are drowning yourself by overthinking everything. The next time you find yourself overthinking or beating yourself over something, picture something simple and put no thought into it. Look at the trees moving in the wind or take a moment to look at how beautiful this world is. This world is too beautiful for you to waste your time in unecessary thoughts that are just drowning you.”
- Have fun and enjoy every minute of it!!!! ❤️❤️❤️
I am my happiest when I’m with my family! They are my main. My joy. My rock. My heart and soul. This blog post is dedicated to them.
Thank you so much for reading!
Please check out my vlog! ⬇️⬇️⬇️