by: Edge Dulatas
Planning to go to SEOUL?
Please check my other blog for itineraries.
Here are my 10 Tips for your Travel to South Korea. This are tips and tricks I’ve learned along the way. This tips will make your travel a lot easier. I swear!
KOREA TOUR APP
- Download Korea Tour App (Off-line Map)
- Or Subway Korea App if you have wifi
- Rent wifi via Klook or search online just book 3 days prior to arrival
- But if on a tight budget, just skip this step… (I don’t rent wifi. Just print your itineraries incase your phone dies)
- I bought my universal adapter at Ace Hardware
- Though the hotel provides adapter so just bring your extensions for all your gadgets
Bring Water Bottle
- I just bought a water in 711 then refill it in the hotel
Go to the grocery
- Lotte Mart (Seoul Station)
- Buy snacks, water, toiletries in the grocery coz it’s way cheaper
- If you stay in an airbnb, you can cook too ( cheaper than eating out)
T Money/ Korea Tour Card
- You can buy this at Convinience Stores
- I personally recommend this coz it’s hassle-free in subways
- You can also use this to buy water at kiosk, 7/11 and many more
- Download Klook App , rates are really discounted
- Make sure to book at least 4 days before your trip. Earlier the better
- In my case, I didn’t get to use this coz I’m so undecided. And when i finally want to book here, not possible anymore
- If you’re in the Philippines, change some of your Ph peso to Korean Won at Sanry’s Money Changer.(or my friend told me to go to Makati Cinema Square)
- “Your money has powerful value in your home country rather than in your destination” (said by the woman from the airport money changer)
- But i suggest you find this money changer in Myeong-dong Exit Number 5 or 6 (they have very competitive rates) it’s in front of the Chinese Embassy
Print Discount Vouchers
- Seollo- onemoretrip.net
- There’s a lot of free samples in makeup/skincare shops
- Always bring your passport for tax free purchase
- It’s always nice to be spontaneous!
- You discover something new
- Stay happy and smile! 😊
I hope you will love Seoul as much as I do. Safe travels! And please don’t forget to learn some Korean language!
Photos were all mine. iphone only.
Thanks for reading!