by: Edge Dulatas
SEOUL,SOUTH KOREA is 1 of 3 from my bucket list. I really wanna go here not only because of K-Drama and K-Pop Superstars but also for the country’s rich culture and beautiful scenery. I never imagined that I will be out of the country. And my first time will be in Seoul. I am truly grateful for this experience.
Hence, Stepping into a new country could be challenging at first. So, let me share you how i managed to have a hassle free time in South Korea. And how i did everything without renting a wifi. Haha! Yes, it’s possible in Seoul. Just come prepared with your full pack itinerary and your good to go. There are a lot of public wifi anyways (super fast and reliable public wifi).
Without further a do, this is my 7- Day Itinerary in Seoul. Ta da! 🎉
7 DAYS ITINERARY IN SEOUL (JULY 11-17, 2017)
- AREX –Airport Railroad Express (50 MINUTES) (Adults 14,800 WON –standard fare) (Php644)
- AREX ALL STOP TRAIN (58 MINS) (4,250 WON) (Php191)
Accommodation via Agoda Philstay Myeongdong Metro (Myeong-dong Line 4, Exit 8)
- *Buy T-money on 7-11 / kiosk
ARRIVAL AT SEOUL STATION – July 11, 2017
- Hotel Check-in at Philstay Myeongdog Metro <email@example.com>
- Late Dinner
DAY 1 (MYEONG-DONG SHOPPING/FOOD TRIP/ N-SEOUL TOWER) – JULY 12, 2016
MYEONG-DONG (STREET FOODS) (SHOPPING)
- Take the Seoul Subway Line 4 and get off at Myeongdong Station (Exit 5, 6,7)
SHINSEGAE DEPARTMENT STORE /Lotte Plaza /Lotte Mall (MYEONGDONG) (optional)
- From Myeongdong Line 4 Exit 3. Turn left to see Pacific Hotel. At the hotel, take the right side. It’s a 8-10minutes walk until Sogong-ro 4-Gil Street at the right side. Turn right to see the wooden stairs.
N SEOUL TOWER
- Take subway line 4 to Myeongdong Station (Exit 3) then walk 10 mins to the Namsan Cable Car.
- Admission:It’s free but if you want to go the observatory, you have to pay: Adult: 9,000won/Php400
- Hello Kitty Island Admission Fee: Adult 8,000 won (Php359)
- Check Klook app for discounted tickets
N Seoul Tower Cable Car: 6,000 won one-way only ( we took the Bus #5 going back to Myeongdong for 1,200 won)
Myeongdong Street food: 3,000 – 5,000 won per foodie 😍
DAY 2 (GYEONGBOKGUNG PALACE) JULY 13,2017
(My day 2 was full packed. Had blisters walking.Haha! This is optional.)
GYEONGBOKGUNG PALACE & NATIONAL FOLK MUSEUM
- Take the Subway Line 3 to Gyeongbokgung Station (Exit 5)
Free if you wear Hanbok (Traditional clothing)
Adult: 3,000 (Php135)
*Free guided tours in English are available at 11:00, 13:00, and 15:30.
*Changing of the Guard ceremony takes place at the top of every hour from 11:00 to 15:00. (Check schedules)
BUKCHON HANOK VILLAGE
- I just walked to Bukchon Hanok Village from Gyeongbukgung Palace
- OR Take subway line 3 to Anguk Station (exit 2) Walk for about 300m to reach the Bukchon Hanok Village.
- OR Take the Seoul Subway Line 3 and get off at Anguk Station (Exit 6).
- OR Subway Line 3 to Anguk Station (Exit 6)
- Walk for 140 meters and turn left at Ujeongguk-ro, after Insadong-gil.
- Continue walking for 190 meters to reach the temple on the left.
- OR Take Seoul subway line 3 (orange line) and get off at Gyeongbukgung Station.
- OR Take Seoul Subway subway line 5 (purple line) and get off at Gwanghwamun Station
- Gwanghwamun Station (Exit 5)
- Best to go here at night
- Line 2-Jongno-5 ga (Exit 7,8)
- Try foods in the market (Tteokbokki – rice rolls/ Mayak gimbap – rice rolls)
- Line 4 Exit 1
Gyeongbukgung Palace entrance fee: 3,000 won (Php134)
DAY 3 (PETITE FRANCE + NAMI ISLAND TOUR) – JULY 14, 2017
You can check Klook app. But i booked the Petite France + Nami Island Tour at the hotel for Won 48,000 (Philstay Myeongdong Metro) It’s hassle free!
- Take the subway to Cheongpyeong Station/ Gapyeong Station
- Get on the shuttle bus for Gapyeong Tourist Attraction (Gapyeong Tour Bus)
- Keep in mind the schedule of the bus!
- Take a train to Gapyeong Station
- From Gapyeong Station, ride a tourist bus going to Nami Island.
Admission: Visa Fee and round trip fare: 8,000 won (foreigner) (Php359)
Zip Wire: 38,000 won (includes entrance fee and ferryfare) (Php1,706)
Nami Island Zip wire & Ferry: 38,000 won (Php1,706)
Nami Island (without zip wire): 8,000 won (Php359)
Petite France Entrance Fee: 8,000 won (Php359)
Gapyeong Tour Bus: 6,000 won (Php269)
Check klook for cheaper package
DAY 4 (EVERLAND THEME PARK DAY) EVERLAND JULY 15, 2017
- I booked a bus + Everland at Daesung Tour for 47,000won.
- Make a reservation to the bus in their website. Or just wait at the designated bus stop.
Admission fee:44,000 won (Php1,975) (Klook Php1,465 only)
By Bus 5002
1. Take the train to Gangnam station (line 2)
2. Take Exit 10From Exit 10, walk around 200m to the bus stop directly in front of WHO A.U. to take bus 5002. You can pay by T-Money or cash when you board the bus. (Fare: 2,500 won 1-way)
3. Alight at Everland Bus Station (around 40 mintues – 1 hour journey)
4. Take the free Everland shuttle bus (around 5 mintues), it will take you to the entrance of Everland.
How to locate the bus stop to take 5002
Once you exit from exit 10 at Gangnam Station, walk straight. You can soon see Massimo Dutti. Keep walking in that direction for another 5-10 minutes until you see the WHO A.U shop. The bus stop is directly in front of the shop.
Everland Entrance Fee: 36,000 won
DAY 5 (TRADITIONAL HOUSES / UNIVERSITIES ) – JULY 16,2017
NAMSANGOL HANOK VILLAGE
- Subway Line 4, Chungmuro Exit 4(T-Money 1,200 WON)
- Just walk and follow the signs going to Namsangol Hanok Village. Near the subway station.
- Line 4 to Ehwa University Station
- I just walked from Ehwa University to Sinchon
- Take a subway going to Hongik University Station. (Line 2 Exit 9)
- Hello Kitty Cafe
- Happy Day Spa ( I don’t recommend this one but the price is very cheap though)
DAY 6 (FREE DAY) – JULY 17,2017
- Seoul Station
- 1USD Promo
- Free Bibimbap, sandwich and gift item
- Subway Line 4 ,Exit 8
LAST MINUTE SHOPPING
- In my case, i went to Myeong-dong for some last minute make-up shopping
Be Early going back to Incheon Airport
AREX to airport (All Stop Arex is cheaper)
Incheon Airport check-in ( Free wifi at the airport) 😍😍😭
- Please watch my “10 Tips Video on Youtube” or I will make another blog for this
- Buy souvenirs at Insadong
- Buy trendy/fashionable clothes at Ehwa/Sinchon
- Get a new hairstyle at Hongdae
- I recommend staying in Myeongdong or Dongdaemun coz this is also the area of pick-up/ drop-up of Tours (Tours can be tiring so it’s better to get down near your hotel)
- Clean your own table (they believe in harmony and everyone should be doing their part)
- Respect Culture. Dress appropriately
- SHOPPING!!!(SUNGNYEMUN GATE & NAMDAEMUN MARKET//DONGDAEMUN DESIGN PLAZA & DOOTA MALL//EWHA FASHION STREET OR COEX)
OPTION 2 FOR DAY 6 OR 7 (PLAN B)
DAY 6 (MUSEUM DAY) (OPTIONAL)
- WAR MEMORIAL OF KOREA
- NATIONAL MUSEUM OF KOREA
- NATIONAL HANGEUL MUSEUM
DAY 7 (CHOOSE AMONG THE THREE) (OPTIONAL)
- DMZ TOUR (IF YOU WANT TO SEE NORTH KOREA)
- KPOP TOUR (IF YOU ARE A FAN OF KOREAN STARS)
- KOREAN FOLK VILLAGE (IF YOU ARE A FAN OF HISTORICAL KOREAN DRAMAS)
Video Vlog ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Photos were all mine. iphone only.
Thanks for reading!