by: Edge Dulatas
Surfing is the “thing” in Baler.
“The best surfer out there is the one having the most fun.”
It’s not a question of who’s good and who’s better. The question is, are you willing to give it a shot?
I never thought that I will be able to try this….. ‘coz of so many excuses (again!). Yes, it’s all about having fun! Don’t get me wrong. It takes a lot of focus and good timing. Baler, Aurora is good for first-timers like me. Few times (many times actually!) I fall off the board. <As they say, it’s not how many times you fall, but how many times you stand up. Lol!> I was just laughing at it. But the moment I could stand the board, It’s like winning the lottery! Yay!!!! 😊😘😍 Happiness overload.
Sabang Beach Baler is just 4-6 hours bus away from Manila.We ride Genesis Joy Bus from Cubao for a comfortable ride. They also accept online bookings.
If you have budget, go for Costa Pacifica! Not only for the great ambiance, they serve good food too!
I love BALER! I would love to go back….
- 1:00am Cubao Genesis office for tix
- 2:00am Cubao ( Genesis bus Php450; Joy Bus Php650/Php730)
- 2:00-7:30am travel time
- 8:00am Bus Terminal at Baler (10 mins to Sabang Php20)
- 8:30am check in at Surfer’s Inn (Php3,000/ night 3 pax)
- 9:00am Walk around / picture
- 10:00am Surfing (Php400/hr)
- 12:00noon Lunch at Town (Grill)
- 2:00pm Walk around Town (bayan, church, museum, souvenir shop)
- 5:00pm Chill at Costa Pacifica/ picture
- 7:00pm Dinner
- 6:00am Breakfast
- 7:00am Trekking/falls (Php500 triclycle)
- 12:00noon Check out
- 1:00pm Lunch at Costa Pacifica
- 2:00pm Bus to Cubao (There is a yummy Pacing’s peanut butter beside the bus terminal)
- 6:00am Breakfast
- 7:00am Walk around beachfront/ Kayak (Php500/hr)
- 8:00am Surfing
- 12:00noon Check-out
- 1:00pm Lunch
- 2:00pm Back to Cubao
Every trip, i make sure to get a good massage! I just requested for a massage service in the hotel!👍🏻 Php350/hr
- Would recommend Aliya’s Surf Camp for the budget-conscious. They have good value for your money.They have pool too.
- Costa Pacifica has good food. 👌🏻I promise! Nice ambiance and accommodating staff.
- If you are on a budget, just buy groceries (bread, instant noodles etc)
- Honestly, i didn’t enjoy our hotel stay at Surfer’s Inn (the bathroom is smelly😭😭😭) it’s an old hotel. But they have really good buffet breakfast!
Photos were all mine. iphone only.
Thanks for reading!